Tree Walks & Tree Talks – LIVE for Giving Tuesday & Give!Guide on December 1
Because we love giving, we love Give!Guide, we love #GivingTuesday, we love our Give!Guide partners HotLips Pizza & Level Beer, we love the Giving Tuesday Give!Guide sponser New Seasons Market, we love our volunteers & supporters – so! much! love! – we’re sharing the thing we also love with you: trees.
This Giving Tuesday we’re giving you a day full of tree walks and tree talks LIVE on Instagram (and posted to Facebook and tweeted soon after), and it’s a great day to give (more about today’s amazing Give!Guide raffle below the agenda).
What’s the topic?
Where will they be?
|10:00 a.m.||Volunteering AND the Green Space program + a tree walk||Sam & Pablo||Pablo will be LIVE from Salem’s Northgate Park|
|11:30 a.m.||EDI + FOT; plus, Adult Urban Forestry Training Program||Sam & Surabhi||Dharma Rain Zen Center, NE Portland|
|1:00 p.m.||Neighborhood Trees Program + tree walk||Whitney||North Portland|
|3:00||Eugene trees||Erik||Streets of Eugene|
|4:00||Giving, Give!Guide, tree quiz for Toni||Sam & G!G’s Toni T||NE Portland|
Please keep in mind that all events are subject to change due to weather and other issues beyond our control. Check back for agenda changes!
So, YES, today is a great day to give! Of course, #GivingTuesday is all about giving. And if you give $10+ today through Willamette Week’s Give!Guide you could win one of five “Nonprofit #PDXgivesback” packages which include a $100 gift card to New Seasons Market, $100 gift card to Paloma Clothing, and a bundle of goodies from participating nonprofits. AND, if You’re 35 or Under you get an extra chance of winning! One “Nonprofit #PDXgivesback” package is reserved for winning donors under the age of 36!
Each Giving Tuesday #PDXGivesBack prize package includes:
- $100 gift card to New Seasons Market
- $100 gift card to Paloma Clothing
- $20 gift cards to Portland Mercado from Hacienda CDC
- Coloring book, tote, and water bottle from Animal Aid
- Notecard set from Vibe of Portland
- Pair of silicups or silipints from Willamette Riverkeeper
- Mug, #wholecommunity canvas tote, and heart-shaped stress ball from Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare
- Koozie from Friends of Columbia River Gorge
- Two face masks from Clackamas Women’s Services
- Adjustable ball cap from Harper’s Playground
- A tea towel from Portland Fruit Tree Project
- An anthology and gift certificate for a writing workshop from Write Around Portland
- A beanie, fandana, and hand sanitizer from Northwest Mothers Milk Bank
- Totes from Domestic Violence Resource Center
- A coupon for a free drip coffee from Nossa Familia
- Two Washman car washes
- WW’s Finder
One of the following signature pieces has been added to each prize package:
- A rare pair of lifetime tickets to Portland Playhouse
- In Kind gift box with 14 essentials that would be great to add to your hospital bag for delivery, diaper bag, or baby’s nursery
- Women in Science Portland tote and picnic blanket
- Friends of Trees hoodie (hey, that’s from us! )
In this time of uncertainty, there’s a fundamental truth that gives us hope: together we can do extraordinary things. Friends of Trees knows this so well since that’s what we do: We plant trees. Together. And to keep doing that, to ensure trees + community are in our future, we need your help – can we count on you, if you are able, to donate to Friends of Trees Eugene today? Not only will donations plant trees + grow community, the first $1,250 will be matched by our good friends at Journey Tree Financial – thank you!
Over the past few weeks and months, the entire world has been coming together to stand up, help out, give back, and heal. Whether that’s through donations to community organizations, celebrating doctors and nurses at shift changes, or reaching out to a neighbor to help with groceries, generosity has been helping the entire world get through this global pandemic. Together.
Friends of Trees Eugene is part of #GivingTuesdayNow and we invite you to join us. Giving Tuesday Now with the Eugene Tree Team is a virtual, day-long social media event featuring Tree Talks, LIVE tree walks, and more!