As part of this month’s celebration of planting season Erik and Taylor take us on tree walks in some of Eugene’s neighborhoods and parks. You’ll discover that you can learn a lot about trees in downtown Eugene amongst the sidewalks and buildings; we’ve seen trees with some beautiful fall color in neighborhoods and parks; Taylor IDs a tree with “a really fun name to say” (what’s your “fun” tree name?); you’ll see some cones that look like duck bills … and more!
And here are a couple of highlights from the month – lots of good tree info and fall color!
Upcoming tree walks this month with the Eugene Tree Team:
October 26 ~ NOON ~ LIVE tree walk in Eugene ~ Facebook-Eugene
Join Erik again, this time in the ye olde FOTE office neighborhood!
and, into November! Nov 6 ~ 10 a.m. ~ LIVE tree walk in Eugene ~ Facebook-Eugene
Join Erik for his first November tree walk as he tree talks at our NW Expressway site
Would you like a tree of your own? Create a free, no obligation account to get started!
Check out the Eugene-Springfield volunteer event calendar to plant trees with us!
Tree Walks & Tree Talks – LIVE for Giving Tuesday & Give!Guide on December 1
Because we love giving, we love Give!Guide, we love #GivingTuesday, we love our Give!Guide partners HotLips Pizza & Level Beer, we love the Giving Tuesday Give!Guide sponser New Seasons Market, we love our volunteers & supporters – so! much! love! – we’re sharing the thing we also love with you: trees.
This Giving Tuesday we’re giving you a day full of tree walks and tree talks LIVE on Instagram (and posted to Facebook and tweeted soon after), and it’s a great day to give (more about today’s amazing Give!Guide raffle below the agenda).
What’s the topic?
Where will they be?
|10:00 a.m.||Volunteering AND the Green Space program + a tree walk||Sam & Pablo||Pablo will be LIVE from Salem’s Northgate Park|
|11:30 a.m.||EDI + FOT; plus, Adult Urban Forestry Training Program||Sam & Surabhi||Dharma Rain Zen Center, NE Portland|
|1:00 p.m.||Neighborhood Trees Program + tree walk||Whitney||North Portland|
|3:00||Eugene trees||Erik||Streets of Eugene|
|4:00||Giving, Give!Guide, tree quiz for Toni||Sam & G!G’s Toni T||NE Portland|
Please keep in mind that all events are subject to change due to weather and other issues beyond our control. Check back for agenda changes!
So, YES, today is a great day to give! Of course, #GivingTuesday is all about giving. And if you give $10+ today through Willamette Week’s Give!Guide you could win one of five “Nonprofit #PDXgivesback” packages which include a $100 gift card to New Seasons Market, $100 gift card to Paloma Clothing, and a bundle of goodies from participating nonprofits. AND, if You’re 35 or Under you get an extra chance of winning! One “Nonprofit #PDXgivesback” package is reserved for winning donors under the age of 36!
Each Giving Tuesday #PDXGivesBack prize package includes:
- $100 gift card to New Seasons Market
- $100 gift card to Paloma Clothing
- $20 gift cards to Portland Mercado from Hacienda CDC
- Coloring book, tote, and water bottle from Animal Aid
- Notecard set from Vibe of Portland
- Pair of silicups or silipints from Willamette Riverkeeper
- Mug, #wholecommunity canvas tote, and heart-shaped stress ball from Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare
- Koozie from Friends of Columbia River Gorge
- Two face masks from Clackamas Women’s Services
- Adjustable ball cap from Harper’s Playground
- A tea towel from Portland Fruit Tree Project
- An anthology and gift certificate for a writing workshop from Write Around Portland
- A beanie, fandana, and hand sanitizer from Northwest Mothers Milk Bank
- Totes from Domestic Violence Resource Center
- A coupon for a free drip coffee from Nossa Familia
- Two Washman car washes
- WW’s Finder
One of the following signature pieces has been added to each prize package:
- A rare pair of lifetime tickets to Portland Playhouse
- In Kind gift box with 14 essentials that would be great to add to your hospital bag for delivery, diaper bag, or baby’s nursery
- Women in Science Portland tote and picnic blanket
- Friends of Trees hoodie (hey, that’s from us! )