Gift Tree program updates:
- Due to COVID group size restrictions and event date changes due to pauses and shut-downs, we are not able to invite gift tree donors or recipients to plant their Gift Trees, though your gift tree donation still supports planting trees and restoring natural areas.
- All November 2020 – December 2020 Gift Tree donors will be notified about gift tree planting locations in March 2021.
- Due to remote working and related office systems we are not able to print and mail any gift tree certificates; if you mail a check requesting that service it could take a few weeks for a certificate to be generated.
- Beginning in January 2021 the Gift Tree program will no longer be able to include inviting gift tree donors and recipients to plant gift trees and, unfortunately, in order to reduce traffic to and impact on the sensitive natural areas where gift trees are planted we are not able to share specific planting sites of gift trees.
- All gift trees are native tree seedlings that are planted in the Portland, Oregon Metro Area at Friends of Trees Green Space restoration events that take place from October – April every year. Friends of Trees’ Green Space Program restores natural areas throughout our region, from Troutdale to Hillsboro, Oregon. All Gift Trees are planted in these areas and they play a vital role in our work restoring sensitive natural areas that are key for habitat, clean air, and watershed health.
Thank you for your support of trees + community, we can’t do this without you.
Gift Trees are a lasting legacy that honor or remember loved ones while improving our environment. All Gift Trees are planted through our Green Space Program, which restores sensitive natural areas in our region.
All of our Gift Tree certificates are electronic: You will be able to choose the certificate you prefer, print it, and give it or mail it directly to your Gift Tree recipient. Your emailed donation receipt will contain a link to the page where the printable images are stored, along with printing instructions. We are unable to print and mail you a certificate, and we are not able to mail certificates to your Gift Tree recipients for you.
Thank you for supporting trees + community through the gift of trees.
Frequently Asked Questions About Gift Trees
Are you sending me a tree?
No, that isn’t how the program works. When you dedicate a Gift Tree you are actually donating to help purchase and plant a native tree seedling as part of our Green Space Program that restores sensitive natural areas in the Portland, Oregon metro region. When you donate toward a Gift Tree you will be able to print a Gift Tree certificate to present to your recipient that describes this special gift (a link to the certificates will be sent to you with your electronic donation receipt).
Where do the trees get planted?
Friends of Trees’ Green Space program restores natural areas throughout our region, from Troutdale to Hillsboro, Oregon. All Gift Trees are planted in these areas and they play a vital role in our work restoring sensitive natural areas that are key for habitat, clean air and watershed health.
Your donation through Gift Trees is tax-deductible to the extent allowable, please consult your tax professional with any questions about tax-deductions.
Questions? Please email us. Thank you!