HAPPY EARTH MONTH!
In honor of Earth Day and Arbor Day, and in celebration of all we do together to make our world greener and healthier for all, Friends of Trees is celebrating for the entire month of April–and here’s how you can join in!
We have $17,000 in Earth Month Challenges from Portland General Electric, Laughing Planet Cafe, Cafe Yumm, Level Beer, Deschutes Brewing. Donate here, your donation will make 2x the difference!
JOIN US FOR A TREE WALK & TALK, PLANT GIVEAWAY, AND FUNDRAISER
Wednesday, April 26, 6-8p.m. ~ Level Beer, northeast Portland
Friends of Trees benefit night at Level Beer on April 26. On the 26th all Level locations are donating 100% of proceeds from their Earth Day beer to trees + community (that’s us ;). We’ll be on site at Level’s northeast Portland location from 6 to about 8 (we’ll be based in the Annex), we’ll host a tree walk among the trees and shrubs we planted there this season + we’ll have some trees & plants to give away.
- VOLUNTEER! Check out our event calendar for volunteer opportunities.
- Earth Month fundraisers for Friends of Trees!
- Until October 2023 Laughing Planet Cafe is donating $1 from every kids smoothie!
- On Earth Day, April 22, Cafe Yumm is donating 10% of all proceeds from ALL Oregon locations – WOW!
- Every Tuesday in April, Deschutes Brewery Portland is donating $1 per pint sold to Friends of Trees throughout the day. Thanks to Deschutes for being our Earth Day Oregon partners this year!
- And in Eugene, for the entire month of April Alesong Brewing will be donating 25% of all revenue from bottle and draft sales of Rolling Mist, a farmhouse ale made with Sitka spruce tips foraged from the coast – wow, what an ale!
TREE SALE & NATIVE PLANT GIVEAWAYS!
Earth Day, Saturday, April 22:
- Friends of Trees annual shade tree sale. Large stock trees at discounted prices! Learn more here.
- Native Tree & Plant Giveaway at Happy Valley Park. Are you a Clackamas County resident? Would you like a free native plant or two? Come visit us at Happy Valley Park (13770 SE Ridgecrest Rd, Happy Valley, OR 97086 ) between 9:30am & 12:30 pm – four plants per household and first come, first served! Thanks to our sponsors The Arbor Day Foundation and State Farm Insurance for the plants!
- Stay tuned to our social media channels for some EXTRA special content. (Instagram / Facebook).
- Visit our YouTube channel for some tree walks & talks with Friends of Trees staff + friends.
Check back, this page will be updated throughout April!
THANK YOU TO OUR EARTH MONTH SPONSORS!
This year during Earth Month, we’re celebrating Community Climate Action. What’s Community Climate Action? It’s planting trees, together, and so much more.
Tackling climate change goes hand-in-hand with community action. At Friends of Trees, we’ve heard from countless volunteers about how planting trees makes them feel more connected to trees, more observant of trees’ health, and more eager to care for them. We’ve witnessed time and time again how a volunteer begins with tree planting and goes on to engage further with environmental issues, including combating climate change. It’s a ripple effect that can begin with a single tree.
HAPPY EARTH MONTH!