NOW is the time to get a tree
Tree lovers, we need your help! Not only have our community tree planting events changed quite a bit due to COVID, health & safety measures mean we have very limited ability to visit communities and help neighbors get a tree of their own.
Normally we reach thousands of potential tree recipients with door-to-door canvassers and through tabling at community events – things we just can’t do this season.
Less interpersonal interaction means we won’t reach enough households about getting trees planted. And reaching fewer households means that, without your help, our neighborhoods will have far fewer new trees – and we need trees more than ever!
Here’s how you can help:
- Get a tree planted at your home. If you’ve been thinking about getting a tree, now’s the time.
- Talk to your neighbors about getting a tree. How many tree-less front yards are on your street? How about tree-less planting strips? (the area between the sidewalk and street). Visit your neighbors (masked, of course 😉 and help spread the good word about trees through forwarding this email or sharing this link.
- The cost to you for a tree is a very affordable $35. Considering that tree would sell in a nursery for much more, plus when it’s from Friends of Trees you get delivery, a hole dug, expert planters, and post-planting support, it’s a great deal!
- We have a sliding scale available if $35 is too much – name your price! And if you can afford more than $35 anything extra will go to our tree scholarship fund.
- Your tree can be FREE if need be, thanks to our tree scholarship fund (donate to the tree scholarship fund here!)
Questions? Email or call the Tree Team at (503)595-0212. We can’t wait to introduce you to your new tree!
Please note that this information applies to the Portland Metro area; for information about getting a tree in our Eugene service area please contact our Eugene office.