Saturday Tree Planter
Tree planters are at the root of the work that we do. As a planting volunteer this season, you will be 1 of 25 people at a Saturday event* at an outdoor planting site. You will be guided on how to plant native trees and shrubs and give dozens of them a new home in a pre-designated section of a park or natural area. These plants are typically gallon-sized and can be picked up by a single person.
- Planting is fun, and a great reason to get outside and make a difference in your community! No experience necessary!
- Our events are great for planting volunteers ages 6 and up. For more information on youth, please see our Volunteer FAQ page.
- Everyone attending an event is required to wear a fabric face mask and keep 6′ of distance from others not in their own household.
- Friends of Trees will provide sanitized tools, physically-distanced guidance, and hand sanitizer.
- Sanitized work gloves will also be available to borrow, but we encourage folks to bring their own when possible.
- Do you want to volunteer with your group? Due to smaller event sizes and streamlining the registration experience, groups are no longer able to reserve a block of spaces for an event. We love groups, and you are still welcome to volunteer together, but you will each need to register for the event as individuals. If you have questions about which events have room for a group of your size, please contact our Volunteer & Outreach team directly.
- For more information on safety protocol and other frequently asked questions, please read our COVID-19 & FAQ page.
*Friends of Trees prioritizes the safety & health of our volunteers and staff. As such, we will adjust the precautions we take–especially event size–per the recommendations set by the CDC and Oregon Health Authority.
Ready to sign-up for an event? Check out the Event Calendar and look for the green events! Click on the event of your choice and fill out the quick registration form. Many events fill up in advance, please consider registering a week or more before your event of choice.
Questions? Please feel free to contact our Volunteer & Outreach team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-595-0213.