Saturday Tree Planter
Tree planters are at the root of the work that we do. There is a little bit of a slow down during the summer months but please read more about this role to prepare for all the tree planting fun starting in October of 2021. As a tree planting volunteer you will be guided on how to plant native trees and shrubs and give dozens of them a new home in a pre-designated section of a park or natural area. These plants are typically gallon-sized and can be picked up by a single person.
- Planting is fun, and a great reason to get outside and make a difference in your community! No experience necessary!
- Our events are great for planting volunteers ages 6 and up. For more information on youth, please see our Volunteer FAQ page.
- Everyone attending an event is required to wear a fabric face mask and keep 6′ of distance from others not in their own household.
- Friends of Trees will provide sanitized tools, physically-distanced guidance, and hand sanitizer.
- Sanitized work gloves will also be available to borrow, but we encourage folks to bring their own when possible.
- Do you want to volunteer with your group? Due to smaller event sizes and streamlining the registration experience, groups are no longer able to reserve a block of spaces for an event. We love groups, and you are still welcome to volunteer together, but you will each need to register for the event as individuals.
- For more information on safety protocol and other frequently asked questions, please read our COVID-19 & FAQ page.
*Friends of Trees prioritizes the safety & health of our volunteers and staff. As such, we will adjust the precautions we take–especially event size–per the recommendations set by the CDC and Oregon Health Authority.
So how do I sign up? We aren’t ready to plant just yet, Friends of Trees takes it real slow during the summer months to help prepare to bring all the fun during the Oct-April months up ahead. Thanks for your patience and we hope to see you soon!
Questions? Please feel free to contact our Volunteer & Outreach team at firstname.lastname@example.org