It takes all kinds of support to plant more than 50,000 trees with 7,000+ volunteers every year! In addition to volunteering and donating directly to Friends of Trees, here some other ways you can support trees + community. The best part? These are some things you probably already do, like shop for groceries at Fred Meyer, eat out, visit pubs, shop online at Amazon, or give at your workplace. Questions? Contact us!
And remember: All donations plant trees + grow community.
Fundraisers for Friends of Trees!
- PIZZA + BEER PLANTS TREES! Willamette Week’s Give!Guide runs November 1 through December 31st and is a great way to learn about organizations that are doing amazing work on behalf of people, places, critters and causes (including trees + community, of course ;). G!G features Big Give Days when donors get a shot at fabulous incentives like Trail Blazers tickets, vacation packages, and more. G!G donors to Friends of Trees also get delicious incentives from our fabulous partners! $10+ donors get a free slice from HOTLIPS Pizza and – new this year! – the first 300 donors of $25 or more get a pint of beer at Level Beer (plus that slice).
- We’re partnering with Dossier Hotel! In connection with reservations of event space and group rooms Dossier is donating trees to Friends of Trees, to be planted in the Portland region. Dossier’s support will have a lasting impact on Portland’s urban canopy while helping to beautify the city. Learn more from Sarah at Dossier.
- Ongoing benefit from Paperjam Press, 50% of proceeds from sales of their beautiful notecards, printed on handmade paper leftover from print jobs–upcycling is cool! (4730 NE Fremont St)
Leave a Legacy of Trees + Community: Estate Planning with Friends of Trees
We need to do something bigger than ourselves. –Mohamed, Friends of Trees volunteer
Think about trees. Have you volunteered to plant them? Do you have special trees in your life, perhaps in your yard? You probably also admire and appreciate trees for all they do for us, our environment, our community.
Supporting community tree planting is something special you can do that is bigger than yourself. As you consider your future and plan for your estate and your assets you may appreciate the information in this Friends of Trees booklet about estate planning.
There is so much we can do that is bigger than ourselves, things that are positive and forward-thinking. Leaving a legacy that helps ensure the continuation of Friends of Trees’ programs that plant trees and grow community will help our planet and its inhabitants for generations to come. As Mohammed also shared, “Planting trees really will outlive us. The effort that you put is so small, the benefit is just gigantic.”
Please contact Kathy Armstrong for more information about leaving a legacy of trees + community.
Friends of Trees is proud to be a non-profit partner with 1% for the Planet – a global network of businesses that donate one percent of annual sales directly to approved environmental and sustainability nonprofit organizations. More than 1200 member companies in 48 countries give back to this big blue planet through over 3600 nonprofit partners.
Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice.
AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same login information, same products, same prices, same service. Just with the added benefit of supporting Friends of Trees! Support Friends of Trees by starting here.
With EarthShare, you can donate to Friends of Trees at work with simple payroll deduction contributions. Your employer may even match your gift, increasing the impact of your investment.
To see if your employer is already a Workplace Partner with EarthShare, click here.
First, you need a Fred Meyer Rewards account, applications for Rewards Cards are available at all registers or the Customer Service Desk at any Fred Meyer store.
Next, link your Rewards Card to Friends of Trees here. Search for us by our name or by our non-profit number (#UF468). A few more easy steps and then your card is linked to Friends of Trees – and you’re shopping for trees + community!
You can also make your gift by donating appreciated securities including stocks and bonds. By donating securities, you may avoid paying capital gains tax and you may receive a charitable income tax deduction for your gift. To transfer stock from your brokerage account to ours, you will need to provide this information to your broker:
- Broker Information
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
The Schmidt Mogseth Group at Morgan Stanley Consulting Group
1701 SE Columbia River Dr. STE 120
Vancouver, WA 98661
Tel: (360) 992-7984
Toll-free: (800) 755-2516
Account Manager: Ken E. Mogseth, CPM
Vice President, Senior Portfolio Manager, Financial Advisor
Direct: (360) 992-7991
- Friends of Trees’ account information:
Branch Number: 150
Account Number: 150037144
Broker Number: 121
DTC Number: 0015
- Friends of Trees tax ID#: 93-0999999
We want to thank you for your gift of stock, so please let us know when you transfer stock and ask your broker to include your name with the transaction.
You can donate almost anything with a motor to Friends of Trees. You’ll receive a tax deduction for your generosity while helping create a greener, healthier planet for years to come. Visit CARS today and be free of your vehicle tomorrow. Vehicle pick-ups can be arranged in any U.S. state.
If you have any questions about these programs or would like additional information, please contact Tyler Rise at 503-467-2524.