By Jenny Bedell-Stiles
What could be better than planting trees? How about planting trees by bike for a carbon-negative tree planting? This is the third season Friends of Trees has relied on the energy of our volunteers to plant trees by bike. Check out this YouTube video we created to see what all the fun is about!
A select few of our neighborhood and green space plantings (see below) will have an entirely bike-powered crew to carry tools, trees and, of course, planters themselves. Sound interesting? Please join us! To sign-up please use this online form.
- 1.19.13 :: Laurelhurst, Kerns, Sunnyside, N Tabor neighborhoods [SE Portland]
- 1.21.13 :: I-205 Multi-Use Path (this is a Monday – MLK Day of Service) [SE Portland]
- 2.2.13 :: Piedmont, Woodlawn neighborhoods [NE Portland]
- 2.9.13 :: Boise, Humboldt, Eliot, King neighborhoods [NE Portland]
- 2.23.13 :: Westside Vancouver Neighborhoods [Vancouver]
- 3.2.13 :: Montavilla, Mt. Tabor neighborhoods [SE Portland]
- Bedell-Stiles is the Volunteer & Outreach Specialist with Friends of Trees and her two-wheeled steed is a Surly Cross-Check